History of Ravenscroft
The following information is taken from http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/chs/ravenscroft.html
- "Ravenscroft was a township in Middlewich ancient parish, Northwich hundred which became a civil parish in 1866.
- In 1892 the civil parish was abolished to become part of Byley.
- The population was 13 in 1801 and 10 in 1851.
- St. Michael & All Angels (Church of England). The ancient parish church for the township of Ravenscroft
- Was bought around 1946 by Mrs C. Plant who moved a school formerly known as Bridge School (Sandbach) into it. The school continued into the 1960s.
- Today Ravenscroft Hall is Split into two private residences, known as Ravenscroft House and Ravenscroft Hall, the adjacent farm is called Ravenscroft Hall Farm."