Middlewich High School as a member of the Sir John Brunner Foundation is a registered Disability Confident committed (Level 1) employer. Increasing employee diversity is important to the school and we are committed to the aims of Disability Confident. In particular, we will:
- ensure that our recruitment processes are inclusive and accessible
- communicate our vacancies through a range of different channels
- offer an interview to applicants with a disability who meet the minimum essential requirements of the role (as detailed within the person specification)
- anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as and when required
- provide support to any existing employee who acquires a disability or a long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
Interview Guarantee Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a Disability Confident employer, all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a role will be offered an interview under our interview guarantee scheme.
Applicants who wish to be considered under this scheme, will be asked to indicate this on their application form by ticking the relevant box. Applicants do not need to state any further information at this stage.
The Disability Confident scheme’s definition of disability is in line with the Equalities Act 2010: “a physical or mental condition which has a long-term and substantial effect on your daily life".
Inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all
Regardless of whether candidates are applying under the Disability Confident scheme or not, when applicants are invited to interview we will ask if those with disabilities or long-term health conditions need any adjustments during the recruitment process.