Enterprise Vision Statement
As ICT, Business Studies and Computer Science are continually developing and new technologies are
emerging, the department we strive to give all students the skills to prepare them for their future
career paths. Enterprise consists of providing a knowledge rich curriculum to prepare students for:
Business Studies, Enterprise and Marketing, Computer Science, Creative IMedia and Computing.
Each of these areas link to and inform everyday life and will continue to evolve in many yet to be
discovered ways. Our students are given the confidence and resilience to tackle these ever-changing
To achieve this, as a department our aims are;
- To enhance and extend students learning across the whole curriculum whilst developing independence and resilience skills.
- For students to achieve success in ICT to prepare them for their future studies and endeavours.
- To allow students the opportunity to display their talents in both creative and logical ways through a varied curriculum enabling them to see the relevance of ICT and Computing in everyday life.
- To make students aware of the inappropriate use of ICT and how to use ICT responsibly and safely.
- To facilitate high levels of teaching and learning and enhance the digital experience, through provision of reliable IT solutions.
- To provide a balanced and informed curriculum across all key stages in the school.
- For the students to be active and engaged users and creators in the emerging digital economy
- To provide a curriculum designed to allow students to have access to both computer Science and
Information Technology and make informed choices on how they pursue these subjects as they
continue their learning journey through the school and next stages in education.
- For the students to learn transferable skills, to effectively use as they continue through their
Please see the specific learning journeys for each year group attached below for specific learning content within this Key Stage 3 Computing learning journey.
Learning maps – At MHS we use learning maps to support retrieval and reinforcement of knowledge. We use these in class and as homework, you may find it useful to see what is coming up through the year for your child in their year group. We are continuing to develop these and update them through the year so you may notice some subjects have uploaded the first term, future work will be added at the appropriate time.