Skip to content ↓
  • 01606 537670

Middlewich High School

Excellence in Learning – Achievement for All

Ravenscroft House

History of Ravenscroft


The following information is taken from

  • "Ravenscroft was a township in Middlewich ancient parish, Northwich hundred which became a civil parish in 1866.
  • In 1892 the civil parish was abolished to become part of Byley.
  • The population was 13 in 1801 and 10 in 1851.
  • St. Michael & All Angels (Church of England). The ancient parish church for the township of Ravenscroft

Ravenscroft Hall.

  • Was bought around 1946 by Mrs C. Plant who moved a school formerly known as Bridge School (Sandbach) into it. The school continued into the 1960s.
  • Today Ravenscroft Hall is Split into two private residences, known as Ravenscroft House and Ravenscroft Hall, the adjacent farm is called Ravenscroft Hall Farm."