Uniform Expectations for Students
Middlewich High School has the highest expectation for compliance with our school uniform policy. Uniform communicates pride in our school community, promotes excellent self-management and student ambition for their future employment.
● Grey Blazer with school badge
● Royal blue blazer with school badge (Yr 11).
● Black school trousers, tailored in style and not jeans or skinny fit. Leggings are not allowed.
● Students may also wear a grey skirt. The skirt is a particular style and can only be purchased
through the school supplier.
● A white shirt with top button to collar in a standard style
● A pale blue shirt with top button to collar in a standard style (Yr 11).
● A school tie with silver and blue stripe
● Black tights or black/white socks.
● Black leather type shoes (not boots or training shoes). No dangerous high heels or canvas footwear will be allowed. It should be noted that reasonably robust school shoes are desirable for safety reasons.
● School jumper (optional). This does NOT replace the blazer but can be worn underneath it.
No other jumpers or sweatshirts are permitted.
We always promote working in full partnership with parents/carers.
When students present in incorrect uniform, spare items will be loaned to them.
Skirts should be of knee length. Parents/ carers will be asked to replace skirts if they are deemed to be too short.
It is not appropriate to wear make-up or nail varnish at school. Acrylic nails are not permitted.
Hair colour should be natural and extremes of hairstyle inappropriate for school will be deemed
One plain ring is permitted
One simple stud earring in the lobe of each ear
One simple bracelet only
One charity bracelet may also be worn
Nose studs, ear stretchers/tunnels or other body piercings are not permitted at school.
Student PE kit
All students in Year 7-10 must wear the new PE kit as detailed on the school website.
All jewellery must be removed for PE lessons and sporting events.